This recipe is best with
- 200g plain flour, sifted
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 100g cold butter, diced
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp ice-cold water
- 1 can chilli tuna, well drained and chillies removed
- 30g onion, sliced
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 slices cheddar cheese, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 tsp chicken stock granules
- 80g whipping cream
- Sift flour into a bowl and add in salt. Cut butter into flour with a pastry cutter until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Make a well in the centre, add lime juice and water. Mix to a firm dough. Wrap in a plastic bag and chill for 30-40 minutes.
- Roll out pastry to fit 6 mini fluted flan tins. Bake blind at 180°C for 10 minutes. Remove paper and beans and continue to bake for a further 5 minutes.
- To prepare filling: Combine eggs, whipping cream, onion, chicken stock, tuna and cheese in a bowl. Mix well.
- Pour tuna filling into the ready baked pie shells and bake at 180°C for about 25-30 minutes or until quiche is golden brown and cooked through. Serve quiche hot or cold.
2 thoughts on “Tuna Quiche”
Hi, may I know the size of the mini fluted flan tins? Thanks.
Hi Steph, it’s 6″ flan tin, we have revised the typo. Happy Cooking!