This recipe is best with
- 180 g plain flour sifted
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1½ tbsp castor sugar
- 150 ml UHT milk
- 150 ml whipping cream
- 3 small eggs,separated
- 1/8 tsp cream of tartar
- 70 g melted butter
- Lightly grease waffle plates with margarine.
- In a large bowl, put in the flour, salt and sugar.
- Add in milk, cream and egg yolks.
- Beat with an electric mixer until ingredients are blended, occasionally scraping the bowl with a rubber spatula.
- Lastly add in the melted butter to mix.
- Whisk egg whites and cream of tartar in a separate clean bowl until just stiff.
- Fold egg whites into the creamed mixture.
- Heat up the waffle-maker until hot then spoon batter into the hot plates.
- Spread out evenly to cover the surface.
- Cover and cook according to the manufacturer's instructions. (Do not lift cover during cooking.)
- When done, lift cover and loosen waffle with a fork then transfer to a wire rack.
- Repeat until all the batter is used up.
- Serve the waffles with honey, jam, kaya or even ice-cream.