This recipe was first published in Flavours magazine.
- 300g peanuts, roasted, skinned and finely ground
- 250g flour
- 200g caster sugar
- 100g peanut butter
- 1tsp vanilla essence
- 100ml palm oil
- seedless dates, cut into small pieces
- 1 egg, beaten
- Combine the ground peanuts, flour and sugar in a big bowl. Add the peanut butter and mix until it forms a crumbly mixture. Add in the vanilla essence, then pour the oil, a little at a time, and knead the mixture until it forms a dough and all the sugar has melted.
- Measure out teaspoonfuls of the dough and roll them into little balls. Place them on a tray lined with baking parchment. Brush the dough with egg wash and press a cherry piece into the top.
- Bake in an oven pre-heated to 170°C until golden brown. Remobe from oven, allow to cool and store in an air-tight container