- Preheat oven to 175 degrees Celcius and grease a 9in (23cm round / square) cake tin.
- Sift flour, bicarbonate of soda and cinnamon into a large bowl.
- In an electric mixer, lightly beat up the eggs, vanilla and sugar.
- Pour in the oil into mixer and add in the salt, carrots, coconut and walnuts.
- Lastly, fold in all the sifted dry ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Pour into prepared tin and bake for 1 hour or until skewer comes out clean when inserted. Allow to cool before unmoulding.
For Cream Cheese Frosting
- In the bowl of your electric mixer, beat the cream cheese and butter until smooth.
- Add the vanilla and icing sugar and continue to beat until light & slightly fluffy.
- Mix in the lemon zest and pour in the juice.
- Using the whisk attachment, gradually add the heavy cream and whip until the frosting is thick enough to spread. Add more cream as needed to get the right spreadable consistency.
- Slice cooled cake into two layers, spread a thin layer of frosting onto the first layer and sandwiched the remaining layer.
- Cover the cake with frosting and garnish with marzipan carrots on top and florentine slices at the side or your desire decorations.
- Serve chilled.