We’ve all come to know and love pineapple tarts so, why not try making them at home? Here is the recipe.
Photo and recipe courtesy of Ayam Brand.
- For the paste:
- 2 cans (410g) pineapple cubes (drained and finely blended)
- 100 g castor sugar
- 1 stick cinnamon
- For the dough:
- 150g butter (cold and diced)
- 75 g icing sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 30 ml cold water
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 280 g all purpose flour
- 50 g corn flour
- 1 egg (beaten with a pinch of salt for egg wash)
- Put blended pineapple, sugar and cinnamon stick in a pot.
- Cook by mixing continuously until dry. Set aside to cool.
- Place dry ingredients in a bowl. Blend in butter until crumbly texture is achieved.
- Add in yolk, vanilla essence and form into smooth dough. If the dough is crumbly, add a little water until it sticks again.
- Cover with plastic and chill for 20 minutes.
- Roll the dough between 2 plastic sheets to 1/4 inch thickness. Stamp out wanted shapes and transfer to trays lined with baking paper.
- Roll a teaspoon of cooked pineapple paste into a small ball and place it unto the stamped out dough.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 175 ºC for 15 minutes until golden. Cool on wire racks.
- Interested in cooking? Download Kuali app to get recipes at your fingertips.