We’ve all come to know and love pineapple tarts so, why not try making them at home? Here is the recipe.
Photo and recipe courtesy of Ayam Brand.
This recipe is best with
- For the paste:
- 2 cans (410g) pineapple cubes (drained and finely blended)
- 100 g castor sugar
- 1 stick cinnamon
- For the dough:
- 150g butter (cold and diced)
- 75 g icing sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 30 ml cold water
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 280 g all purpose flour
- 50 g corn flour
- 1 egg (beaten with a pinch of salt for egg wash)
- Put blended pineapple, sugar and cinnamon stick in a pot.
- Cook by mixing continuously until dry. Set aside to cool.
- Place dry ingredients in a bowl. Blend in butter until crumbly texture is achieved.
- Add in yolk, vanilla essence and form into smooth dough. If the dough is crumbly, add a little water until it sticks again.
- Cover with plastic and chill for 20 minutes.
- Roll the dough between 2 plastic sheets to 1/4 inch thickness. Stamp out wanted shapes and transfer to trays lined with baking paper.
- Roll a teaspoon of cooked pineapple paste into a small ball and place it unto the stamped out dough.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 175 ºC for 15 minutes until golden. Cool on wire racks.
- Interested in cooking? Download Kuali app to get recipes at your fingertips.