Instead of a boring pizza slice, your kids can look forward to a flower-shaped pizza that will definitely be the cause of some excitement and wonder. Try this recipe. Recipe and photo courtesy of Mission Foods.
This recipe is best with
- 500 g chicken fillet (cut into bite-sized pieces)
- 2 tbsp plain yoghurt
- 2 tsp ginger (fresh; minced)
- 2 tsp garlic (fresh; crushed)
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin (ground)
- 1 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 3 tsp paprika powder
- 1 tbsp lemon juice (approximately half a lemon)
- salt to taste
- 1/4 pineapple (sliced into small bite-sized pieces)
- 1 handful mozzarella cheese (grated)
- tomato paste (enough to spread on the pizza base)
- 1/4 zucchini (cut lengthwise into short strips)
- 1/4 carrot,cut lengthwise into short strips
- fruits (a selection such as strawberries, tangerines and grapes)
- dip (of your choice to go with fruits and veggie sticks)
- 3 wholemeal pizza crusts
- In a bowl, combine yoghurt, ginger, garlic, vegetable oil, cumin, garam masala, paprika, lemon juice and salt. Mix well.
- Add chicken fillets into the bowl and stir to ensure that chicken is covered with marinade.
- Cover bowl and leave overnight in refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Place marinated chicken on a rack and cook in oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven when cooked and let cool. Cut into cubes.
- Use a flower cookie cutter and press into wholemeal pizza crusts to create 3 flower-shaped pizza base.
- Grill pineapple and once lightly golden, set aside.
- Spread tomato paste onto the flower-shaped pizza bases.
- Top with grilled pineapple and Tandoori chicken cubes. Then, sprinkle some cheese on top.
- Bake in oven at 180°C for 10 minutes until cheese melts.
- Place a few pizzas into a bento box.
- Arrange carrots and cucumbers together in a small container.
- Arrange strawberries, tangerines and grapes into colourful silicone cups.
- Be sure to include your child’s favourite dip.
To make Tandoori Chicken (extra can be stored in the freezer):
To make Flower Pizzas:
To make Flower Pizza Bento: