Ingredients is not available.
- Peel, halve and core the pears, leaving the stalk intact.
- Put the Champagne, sugar and cinnamon stick in a saucepan. Stir over medium heat and bring to a boil.
- Add the lemon rind and pears and cover the saucepan with a lid. Simmer over low heat for 15 to 20 minutes or until the pears are tender.
- Take the saucepan off the heat and leave to cool. Transfer the contents to a glass container and refrigerate overnight.
- To serve, put the pears cut side down on a plate and slice from the stalk to the bottom. Press down slightly to fan out the slices.