- 10 slices bacon, each cut into two
- 2 slices Chinese sausage, cut into 2cm pieces (optional)
- 50g celery cut into 2cm lengths
- 150g fish paste
- 3 water chestnuts, diced
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup cornflour
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp sugar
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp cornflour
- Combine fish paste, water chestnuts and seasoning together. Mix thoroughly until mixture is smooth and sticky.
- Put a teaspoon of prepared fish paste at one end of the bacon slice, add a piece of sausage or celery and roll up tightly.
- Dip the rolls in beaten egg and coat with cornflour. Deep-fry the bacon rolls in hot oil until golden brown and crispy. Serve with mayonnaise mixed with wasabe.