- 1 roasted pig's trotter, chopped into smaller pieces
- 4 pieces roasted chicken feet (buy from the chicken rice stall)
- 2kg mustard green (kai choy) with longer stems, cut into 5-6cm lengths
- 7-8 dried Chinese mushrooms, soaked and halved
- 1 can button mushrooms, drained and halved
- 1 carrot, cut into thin slices
- 4-5 baby sweet corns, halved
- 3 litres fresh chicken stock or water
- 2 pieces dried tamarind skin (asam keping)
- 3 limau kasturi, cut into half and remove seeds
- 8-10 dried chillies, rinsed
- Salt and sugar to taste
- Put chicken stock or water, trotter and chicken feet into a deep pot. Bring to the boil.
- Put in the mustard green, Chinese mush rooms, dried chillies, tamarind skin and limau kasturi. Simmer for 20-25 minutes.
- Add button mushrooms, carrot and baby sweet corns. Cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes. Adjust seasoning to taste, dish out and serve.