Kicap Manis or sweet soy sauce is a common condiment used by Malaysian in various dishes.
- 4 pieces chicken whole legs
- 100g onion (cut into wedges)
- 50g young ginger (sliced thinly)
- 6 dried chillies
- 4 bird’s eye chillies
- 2 stalks spring onion (cut into 5cm lengths)
- 400ml water
- Marinade (combined):
- 100ml kicap manis
- 2tbsp oyster sauce
- 2tbsp chilli sauce
- 1/2tsp pepper
- 30g rock sugar (crushed, to taste)
- Season the chicken with 3-4 tablespoons of the marinade for at least 1 hour.
- Heat oil in a pot and fry the onion, ginger slices and chillies until fragrant.
- Add the marinated chicken and fry briefly. Add the remaining marinade and cook for 1 minute.
- Pour in water and braise the chicken for 30-45 minutes, or until the chicken is tender and the sauce is thick. Add the spring onions and give it a stir. Remove from heat.
4 thoughts on “Chicken with Kicap Manis in Fragrant Spicy Sauce”
The recipe is simple and looks yummy.
Easy and simple. Thank you
How many tbsp oyster sauce? Tq
Hi Jas! It’s 2 tbsp of oyster sauce!