Precious Pistachio Rollover Biscuits is a joyful addition to your cookie tray.
The finely chopped pistachio in every bite of these sumptuous cookies, alongside the perfect blend of butter and nutty goodness, is surely a delightful treat to be served during this prosperous season.
Recipe and photo courtesy of SCS Butter.
- 120 g butter (salted; softened)
- 90 g icing sugar
- 15 g egg (beaten)
- 180 g plain flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 egg white
- 120 g Pistachio nuts (coarsely crushed)
- Cream together butter and sugar until light and smooth.
- Add in egg gradually.
- Sift together flour and salt then fold into butter mixture to form a soft dough.
- Divide dough into half, make two rolls with 3cm diameter and 30cm length. Set in freezer for 30 minutes.
- Cut the rolled dough into half. Brush outer layer of dough with egg white.
- Pour crushed pistachio nuts onto a parchment paper, roll over each dough to coat. Slice dough into 8mm thickness, transfer onto a baking tray.
- Bake at 160°C in a preheated oven for 15 minutes or until cooked.