Manok Pansoh or Ayam Pansoh is a chicken dish cooked in a bamboo log
- 1kg whole chicken, cut into small pieces
- 8 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 5 red onion, finely chopped
- 6 stalks lemongrass, thinly sliced
- 100g galangal, finely chopped
- 100g ginger, finely chopped
- 20g bungkang leaves or daun salam
- 10 red chillies, sliced
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 bamboo log or aluminum foil
- 5 stalks tapioca leaves
- Wash and clean the chicken pieces.
- Mix ingredients B in a large bowl and combine with chicken pieces. Set it aside for at least 20 minutes.
- Stuff the mixture into the bamboo log or aluminum foil and seal it with a gob of tapioca leaves.
- Cook it slowly over burning wood/charcoal for 45 minutes or bake at 120 degrees Celcius for 30 minutes.
- To serve, remove the tapioca leaves and drain the tasty juice into a bowl.
- Extract the chicken and arrange on a serving dish with the juice.