- Combine (B) in a saucepan and bring to a boil to dissolve the sugar. Strain the syrup and leave aside to cool for 10–15 minutes.
- Mix ingredients (A) in a mixing bowl. Add in cooled syrup and blend well to form a batter.
- Cook the batter over a gentle heat until just slightly thick. Do not overcook until batter is too thick.
- Spoon the cooked batter into small teacups till three-quarters full. Steam for about 10–12 minutes. Leave to cool completely.
- Remove the kuih with the help of a small palette knife. Top with grated coconut before serving.
You may also like