Quick and easy recipe for one-pot chicken rice. Simple recipe which can be made easily in a rice cooker.
This recipe was first published in Flavours magazine.
- 300g chicken pieces
- 3tbsp red palm oil
- 2tbsp margarine
- 3cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 400g rice, washed and drained
- 1 pandan leaf, knotted
- 500ml water/stock
- 20g frozen peas
- 20g frozen corn
- 30g shitake mushrooms, cleaned and quartered
- 1 tomato, cut into 8 wedges
- 2tbsp oyster sauce
- 1tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1tbsp light soy sauce
- 3cm old ginger, sliced and grated
- 1/2tsp salt
- 1/2tsp ground pepper
- In a bowl, marinate chicken and set aside for 15 minutes.
- In a rice pot, heat oil and margarine on medium heat, then sauté garlic.
- Add in marinated chicken and stir fry until slightly cooked.
- Add in rice and pandan leaf and stir well.
- Pour in water/stock, peas, corn, mushrooms and tomato.
- Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Remove from heat and place pot in rice cooker to cook. Serve with fried shallots and salad, if desired.