This recipe is best with
- 150 ml cold water
- 30 gm butter
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 egg
- 240 gm bread flour
- 60 gm plain flour ( all purposed flour)
- 1 tbsp milk powder
- 65 gm brown sugar
- 2 tsp instant yeast
- 1/2 cup raisin
- 1 tbsp orange peel
- Put the above ingredients into a bread machine and set it to the dough setting. Knead for about 25 mins. Add the raisin and orange peel at the beep.
- Take out and put it into a bowl and cover it and let it prove for 1 hour.
- Note: The best place to prove the dough is in the oven without switching it on. Put two cups of hot water in the oven to provide some heat and water vapour.
- After the dough have double in size then punch it down. Knead it with your hands for about 1 minute.
- Divide the dough into 40 gm portions and shape them into balls. Put them on a 28cm x 28cm greased baking tray lined with greaseproof paper. Make 16 buns. Cover and let it prove for 45 minutes ( just like the first proving)
- Brush with egg wash . Bake at 190 C for 10 minutes or until light golden brown.