Red Korma Chicken (Ayam Korma Merah)
This recipe was first published in Flavours magazine.
- 120g gheeor 1/2 cup
- 120ml cooking oilor 1/2 cup
- 2 pandan leavesknotted
- 8 shallotsfinely sliced
- 6 cloves
- 5 cardamoms
- 5cm piece cinnamon
- 1/2cup chilli paste
- 5cup hot wateror enough to cover chicken
- 500g potatocut into wedges
- 1tbsp kerisik - Nyior gula
- 1/2tin evaporated milkmixed with juice from 2 limes (or 1 cup yoghurt)
Instead of the dry spice mix, you can use 3 tbsp Korma spices mixed with water to form a paste.