- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1 cm knob ginger (lightly bruised)
- 2 cloves garlic with skin
- 3 cloves cardamom pods
- 6 g tong kwai slices
- 100 g chicken (sliced)
- 100 g lotus root (sliced)
- 50 g carrot (diced)
- 300 g rice (rinsed and drained)
- 480-500 ml water
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tbsp goji berries (kei chi)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp chicken stock powder
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp sugarto taste
- Heat canola oil in a saucepan. Fry ginger, garlic, cloves, cardamom pods and tong kwai until fragrant. Add chicken and seasoning to mix.
- Put in lotus root, carrot and rice. Give it a good stir.
- Transfer rice mixture into an electric rice cooker pot. Pour in water and add bay leaf. Cook until rice is fluffy.
- Add goji berries, stir through, then stand rice for 10 minutes before dishing out to serve.
1 thought on “Herbal Lotus Root Rice”
Thank you Amy for your recipes. Are there any photos of cardamom pods and tong kwai?