- 200g Japanese rice
- 200ml water
- 1 tbsp castor sugar
- 1½ tbsp sushi vinegar (or apple cider vinegar)
- 1/2 tbsp salt
- Roasted sushi seaweed or nori sheets (for rolling)
- 6 tempura shrimps (fried shrimp in tempura premix)
- 1 avocado, shredded
- 6 slices of lettuce
- Omelette, sliced,
- Salad dressing or mayonnaise
- Cook the japanese rice with water for about 15 minutes or according to instruction on packaging. When the rice is just cooked, cover and let it rest for another 15-20 minutes.
- Combine sushi vinegar, sugar and salt together and mix until sugar and salt are dissolved completely. Pour this mixture into the hot rice. Mix well together and leave the rice aside to cool for about 15-20 minutes.
- Place nori sheeet on bamboo sheet for rolling. Place rice and spread evenly on the nori sheet.
- Add the fillings in a row on top of the rice. Roll it tightly to avoid leakage.
- Cut the sushi roll into bite size and serve with your favourite dressing or mayonnaise.