Kerabu nangka telur masin features a combination of unripe jackfruit and salted eggs. It taste complex yet refreshing!
Other Unique Traditional Kerabu Recipes:
- 100g red chilli
- 50g cili padi
- 50g shrimp paste, toasted
- 20g shallot, finely sliced
- 1 tsp sugar
- salt to taste
- 400g young jackfruit
- 100ml coconut milk
- 50g onion, finely sliced
- 1 turmeric leaf, thinly sliced
- 1 whole salted egg, diced
- 100g kerisik (grated, toasted and pounded coconut)
- 3 limes, juiced
- 50g fried shallots, ground
- Blend chillies with shrimp paste and shallots. Add sugar and salt.
- Boil young jackfruit until cooked and tender, about 30 minutes. Strain and leave to cool.
- In a pot, heat up coconut milk until it reaches boiling point. Once boiling, leave to simmer for 3 minutes then let cool down.
- Slice jackfruits and mix with onion, turmeric leaf and salted egg. Add sambal belacan, kerisik, lime juice, fried shallots and coconut milk. Adjust seasoning with salt and sugar. Serve cold or at room temperature.