This Sambal Soft Shell Crab recipe and photo were provided by Mission Foods.
- For crabs:
- 3 soft shell crabs (cleaned and trimmed)
- Tapioca flour (enough to dredge crabs)
- Sea salt (to taste)
- Shichimi togarashi (to taste)
- For the sambal:
- 200g dried chilli (boiled)
- 8 Spanish onions
- 10 cloves garlic (peeled)
- 2inches ginger (peeled)
- 1tbsp tamarind paste (diluted in some water)
- For crabs: Season flour with salt and shichimi togarashi. Dredge crab. Fry in oil at 170 Celcius until golden brown.
- For the sambal: Blend chilli, onions, garlic and ginger with some water. Sauté until very fragrant till the paste becomes dry, but not burnt. Then, add in the crabs and coat it with the sambal mix. Serve hot with naan.