Chinese Dumplings, is a traditional snack that usually stuffs with meat and vegetable. A health alternative couch snacks that warm and fill your tummy.
- 250g plain flour, sifted
- 1/2 cup water
- Filling (mix together)
- 200g chicken fillet, coarsely diced
- 50- chives, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped finely
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon light soy sauce or to
- Ginger & vinegar dipping sauce (mix together)
- 2 tablespoons finely-chopped ginger
- 3 tablespoons white rice vinegar
- Chilli dipping sauce (blend together)
- 5 red chillies
- 1 clove garlic
- 2cm ginger
- salt and sugar to taste
- To prepare the wrappers: Add enough water to the flour to knead into a smooth dough. Cover with a cloth and set aside for half an hour. Roll into a long sausage and cut into 3cm pieces.
- On a floured surface, roll the pieces out thinly into circular wrappers, about 8cm in diameter.
- To assemble: Place a spoonful of filling in the centre of a dumpling wrapper. Fold over to form a crescent shape and pinch the edges to seal.
- Repeat with the remaining wrappers and filling.
- To pan-fry the dumplings, heat a non-stick frying pan and put a little oil in it; rotate the pan to coat with the oil. Pan-fry the dumplings on both sides over medium heat until they are lightly browned and crisp at the edges.
- Alternatively, drop them into a pot of boiling water and allow to cook for 3 minutes. Serve the dumplings hot with the dipping sauces.
1 thought on “Jiao Zi (Northern Chinese Dumplings)”