- Soak the dates in enough water to just cover them for a few hours, or till they are soft. Soak the tamarind in ½ cup hot water, and then extract its juice.
- Blend the dates with the water they were soaked in with the palm sugar, tomato ketchup, chilli powder and half the tamarind juice.
- Taste and add salt. It should be sweet and sour.
- Slowly add the tamarind juice, tasting as you go till you get the balance of sweet and sour that you like.
- Strain and keep in a jar. Keep refrigerated.
You may also like