- 2½ cups apple cider
- 160g castor sugar
- 1/2 cup sultanas
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 400g pears, diced
- 400g Granny Smith apples, diced
- 1 Bombay onion, diced
- 3/4 tsp mixed spice
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- Combine all ingredients in a non-stick saucepan and bring to a boil over medium low heat.
- Simmer gently over low heat for about 1 hour. Stir occasionally to prevent the mixture from sticking. Cook until the fruits turn tender.
- Transfer chutney into warmed sterilised containers while still warm.
- Leave to cool, then cover and store chutney in a cool place.