This cheesy Shitake and Comte Cheese Croque Monsieur will soon become your new favourite comfort food. With generous servings of mushrooms and cheese, what could go wrong, really?
- 10 slices sandwich loaf
- 100g butter, melted
- 200g smoked chicken
- 250g shitake mushroom, sliced and sauteed
- 250g Comte cheese
- 5 sunny side up egg for croque madame
- For the Bechamel
- 80g butter
- 50g flour
- 0.5cup milk
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- In a saute pan, melt the butter over low heat and add flour.
- Cook for 5 minutes and pour in the milk, chicken stock powder and nutmeg.
- Mix well, and simmer for 5 minutes. Season to taste and set aside.
- Slice sandwich loaf into 1cm thick slices, and brush with melted butter. Spread bechamel onto the bread.
- Top with shitake mushroom and cover with slices of ham and sprinkle cheese on top. Cover with another slice of bread.
- Spread bechamel on top and sprinkle with cheese. Roast in the oven at 210 degree Celsius until top is golden brown.