Welcome to ‘Shop Kuali Recipes’! In this ‘Oishii Japanese Recipes’ series, this crispy and delicious Japanese fried chicken recipe is great for bento and anyone who has tried this can tell you how deliciously addicting it can be!
Save this recipe to refer to later and check out at our Trusted Partner, Tesco | Lotus’s.
Want more meal planners? Check out the full listing at Shop, Cook, Eat, Repeat.
Shop Kuali Recipes is an answer to busy professionals out there looking for convenience when shopping for quality ingredients, paired with a simple yet delicious recipe. Bundled recipes chosen are meal planners designed for two persons cooking three times a week. Cooking for more? Simply double up the recipe ingredients!
Save more by buying the meal planner series!
- 500g chicken thigh (skin-on, bone removed)
- 2Tbsp soy sauce
- pinch of salt and black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic (mashed)
- 0.5cm ginger (mashed)
- 1 cup potato starch
- oil for frying
- some Japanese mayo
- 1/4 head cabbage (shredded thinly)
- Cut the chicken thigh into medium pieces
- In a bowl, combine soy sauce, salt, pepper, garlic and ginger. Add in the chicken meat and let it marinate for 20-30 minutes
- Place the potato starch on a plate/tray. Coat each chicken pieces with the starch and set aside
- Deep fry the chicken for about 2-3 minutes or till golden brown. Drain excess oil before transferring onto serving dish
- Serve with some shredded cabbage and Japanese mayo for dipping. Enjoy!