Welcome to ‘Shop Kuali Recipes’! In this ‘Easy Diwali Snacks’ series, this achu murukku recipe is eggless and it is as promising as the normal ones. Crispy, light and impossibly hard to resist!
Save this recipe to refer to later and check out at our Trusted Partner, Tesco | Lotus’s.
Want more meal planners? Check out the full listing at Shop, Cook, Eat, Repeat.
Shop Kuali Recipes is an answer to busy professionals out there looking for convenience when shopping for quality ingredients, paired with a simple yet delicious recipe. Bundled recipes chosen are meal planners designed for two persons cooking three times a week. Cooking for more? Simply double up the recipe ingredients!
Save more by buying the meal planner series!
- 150g all-purpose flour
- 50g rice flour
- 60g sugar
- 2g salt
- 8g white sesame seeds
- 140g thick coconut milk
- 100g water
- oil for frying
- achu murukku mould
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients except coconut milk and water.
- Once well combined, add in the thick coconut milk and water. Mix till it forms a batter.
- Heat up oil and once hot, place the mould in to heat for 1 minute
- Remove mould from hot oil and gently dip into the batter and lift to drain excess batter.
- Quickly dip the mould in the hot oil, making sure it doesn't touch the bottom of the pan. Gently shake the mould up and down to release the batter.
- Fry on medium heat or till golden brown. Repeat till finish.
- Let them cool before storing into airtight container. Enjoy!