In this ‘So Mush-Room For You In My Heart’ series, we have a quick and easy Flat Noodles with Mushroom and Chicken Sauce (Kon Lo Mee) for your busy weekday night.
- 1/2 pc chicken breast, sliced
- 3 dried mushroom, soaked and sliced
- 80g sweet peas
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped finely
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/4 broccoli
- 150g flat chinese wheat or rice noodles
- 2 tbsp kicap manis (sweet soy sauce)
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- Blanch the sweet peas and broccoli. Set aside til further use.
- Boil the flat noodles according to packaging instruction. Drain it and run through cold water to wash off excess starch. Plate it in a bowl.
- Heat a pan on medium heat. Add sesame oil and saute garlic.
- Add chicken slices and stir fry for a few minutes. Add the soaked mushroom and continue to fry till fragrant.
- Mix in kicap manis and dark soy sauce. You may also season with some pepper.
- Add half cup of water and simmer for another minute. You may add more water if you prefer a more watery consistency.
- Serve the sauce with the flat noodle and blanched vegetables. Enjoy!