Welcome to ‘Shop Kuali Recipes’! In this ‘So Mush-Room For You In My Heart’ series, we have a quick and easy Flat Noodles with Mushroom and Chicken Sauce (Kon Lo Mee) for your busy weekday night.
Save this recipe to refer later and check out at our Trusted Partner, Tesco.
Want more meal planners? Check out the full listing at Shop, Cook, Eat, Repeat.
Shop Kuali Recipes is an answer to busy professionals out there looking for convenience when shopping for quality ingredients, paired with a simple yet delicious recipe. Bundled recipes chosen are meal planners designed for two persons cooking for three times a week. Cooking for more? Simply double up the recipe ingredients!
Save more by buying the meal planner series!
- 1/2 pc chicken breast, sliced
- 3 dried mushroom, soaked and sliced
- 80g sweet peas
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped finely
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/4 broccoli
- 150g flat chinese wheat or rice noodles
- 2 tbsp kicap manis (sweet soy sauce)
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- Blanch the sweet peas and broccoli. Set aside til further use.
- Boil the flat noodles according to packaging instruction. Drain it and run through cold water to wash off excess starch. Plate it in a bowl.
- Heat a pan on medium heat. Add sesame oil and saute garlic.
- Add chicken slices and stir fry for a few minutes. Add the soaked mushroom and continue to fry till fragrant.
- Mix in kicap manis and dark soy sauce. You may also season with some pepper.
- Add half cup of water and simmer for another minute. You may add more water if you prefer a more watery consistency.
- Serve the sauce with the flat noodle and blanched vegetables. Enjoy!