Welcome to ‘Shop Kuali Recipes’! In this ‘Hangry No More’ series, a quick and easy one-pot brown beef stew is all you need for a tiring weekday.
Save this recipe to refer later and check out at our Trusted Partner, Tesco.
Want more meal planners? Check out the full listing at Shop, Cook, Eat, Repeat.
Shop Kuali Recipes is an answer to busy professionals out there looking for convenience when shopping for quality ingredients, paired with a simple yet delicious recipe. Bundled recipes chosen are meal planners designed for two persons cooking for three times a week. Cooking for more? Simply double up the recipe ingredients!
Save more by buying the meal planner series!
- 500g fillet of beef
- 1 tsp thick soy sauce
- 1 beef cube
- 2 cm cinnamon stick
- 1 star anise
- 4 cloves
- 2 large onions
- 400g potatoes, quartered
- 2 carrots, cut diagonally
- 1/2 cup of green peas
- 3 tsp of flour
- salt and pepper according to taste
- Slice beef and marinate with salt, pepper and thick soy sauce for 10 minutes. Sprinkle flour to coat beef.
- Heat oil and fry cinnamon stick, star anise, cloves and onions. Add in marinated beef and fry for another three minutes to seal in the flavours and nutrients of the beef.
- Add beef cube, potatoes and carrots, and one pint of water. Simmer over low heat until potato is tender and gravy thickens. Add in green peas.