Welcome to ‘Shop Kuali Recipes’! In this ‘Pan Mee Recipes’ series, try this Kon Loh Pan Mee to satisfy you while working from home. Drenched and tossed in a special soy sauce mix, it’s the perfect savoury meal.
Save this recipe to refer to later and check out at our Trusted Partner, Tesco | Lotus’s.
Want more meal planners? Check out the full listing at Shop, Cook, Eat, Repeat.
Shop Kuali Recipes is an answer to busy professionals out there looking for convenience when shopping for quality ingredients, paired with a simple yet delicious recipe. Bundled recipes chosen are meal planners designed for two persons cooking three times a week. Cooking for more? Simply double up the recipe ingredients!
Save more by buying the meal planner series!
- 1 packet fresh pan mee
- 100g chicken meat (cut into thin slices)
- 4nos dried shitake mushrooms (soaked and sliced thinly)
- 20g dried anchovies (peeled and rinsed)
- 3nos shallots (sliced thinly)
- 1/2 packet fishballs
- 1 stalk sawi hijau or mustard greens (cut into 5cm length)
- 1/2 cup oil for frying
- 1tsp corn flour
- pinch of salt and white pepper
- adequate water to boil the noodles and condiments
- Kon Loh Sauce:
- 1Tbsp light soy sauce
- 1tsp cooking caramel
- 1-2 tsp fried shallot oil
- salt and white pepper, to taste
- Marinate the chicken slices with a pinch of salt and white pepper, followed by 1tsp corn starch. Set aside.
- In a pan, heat up 1/4 cup of oil and fry the anchovies till crispy and golden brown. Discard and drain excess oil before setting aside.
- Heat up the same pan with another 1/4 cup oil and fry the sliced shallots till golden brown. Transfer both the oil and fried shallots into a bowl and set aside
- To make the kon loh sauce, in a bowl, combine 1Tbsp light soy sauce, 1tsp cooking caramel, 1-2tsp fried shallot oil from earlier and some salt and pepper to taste. Set aside
- Once the fried condiments and sauce are done, move on to boiling the noodles and the rest of the condiments
- Boil a pot of water, add in the fresh pan mee noodles, followed by the marinated chicken slices, sliced shitake mushrooms, fishballs, and the sawi hijau. About 2-3 minutes or once they're cooked, drain excess water and transfer over to a big bowl.
- Toss with the Kon Loh sauce, fried anchovies and shallots. Enjoy!
- Corn starch in the chicken marinade helps tenderizes the meat during cooking.
- You could omit the cooking caramel if you'd prefer.
- Drop us a question in the reply section below if you have any!