Welcome to ‘Shop Kuali Recipes’! In this recipe series of ‘Berry Special Recipes’, this recipe is our quick take on Swedish Meatballs, perfect for nights when you need dinner on the table ASAP.
Save this recipe to refer to later and check out at our Trusted Partner, Tesco | Lotus’s.
Want more meal planners? Check out the full listing at Shop, Cook, Eat, Repeat.
Shop Kuali Recipes is an answer to busy professionals out there looking for convenience when shopping for quality ingredients, paired with a simple yet delicious recipe. Bundled recipes chosen are meal planners designed for two persons cooking three times a week. Cooking for more? Simply double up the recipe ingredients!
Save more by buying the meal planner series!
- Mixed Berry Jam
- 130g frozen mixed berries
- 10g sugar
- 30g water
- pinch of black pepper
- (optional) 15g balsamic vinegar
- 1 pack frozen meatballs
- 2 Tbsp oil
- Meatball Brown Sauce
- 20g butter
- 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/2 nos cubed chicken stock
- 250g water
- salt and black pepper to taste
- In a small pot, combine all the jam ingredients and let it simmer on medium to low heat for 8-10 minutes. It should have reduced and thickened by then. Turn off heat and set aside.
- In a stainless steel pan, heat up the 2 Tbsp of cooking oil and pan fry the meatballs till they're nicely browned. Set them aside and do not clean your pan.
- Continue from the pan used to cook the meatballs, melt 20g of butter and subsequently stir in the 2Tbsp of flour to form a roux/paste. This will be the base to thicken your sauce.
- Add in the 250g of water and whisk till no lumps are visible. Season with the cubed chicken stock, salt and black pepper to taste.
- Pour it over your meatballs and serve with the mixed berry jam made earlier. Enjoy!
- If lumps in the sauce are still visible, you could strain the mixture for a smoother consistency.
- Don't worry if you have brown bits on your pan after frying the meatballs. Cooking the sauce with it is what gives it the flavor and brown color.