In this ‘So Mush-Room For You In My Heart’ series, we continue to show you ways to savour dried mushrooms in this Mushroom Fried Rice that Uncle Roger would approve.
- 1pc chicken breast, diced
- 4 dried mushroom, soaked and diced
- 80g sweet peas, destring
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped
- dash of sesame oil
- 2 slices of ginger, chopped
- Pinch of sesame seed (optional)
- 2 stalks spring onion, chopped
- 1 egg
- 1 cup overnight rice
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- Marinate diced chicken with soy sauce, pepper and dash of sesame oil.
- Blanch sweet peas in hot water for 10 secs till cooked and drain with cool water.
- In the wok, stir fry the diced mushroom briefly without oil till dry and set aside.
- Pour some oil into the pan and stir fry ginger briefly, followed by garlic.
- Add in diced chicken and toss. Add in overnight cooked white rice and continue stir-frying.
- When the wok and ingredients are hot enough and ingredients have dried considerably, add in whipped egg.
- Season with salt and pepper according to liking and continue tossing the rice.
- Remove, plate and enjoy!