Welcome to ‘Shop Kuali Recipes’! In this “You know I’m all about that ‘bas-il’ ” series, putting a few basil leaves & garlic under the chicken skin is adding some extra colours & flavours to this juicy Roasted Quarter Chicken with Basil with minimal preparation time.
Save this recipe to refer to later and check out at our Trusted Partner, Tesco.
Want more meal planners? Check out the full listing at Shop, Cook, Eat, Repeat.
Shop Kuali Recipes is an answer to busy professionals out there looking for convenience when shopping for quality ingredients, paired with a simple yet delicious recipe. Bundled recipes chosen are meal planners designed for two persons cooking three times a week. Cooking for more? Simply double up the recipe ingredients!
Save more by buying the meal planner series!
- 2 nos Chicken thigh
- 10g basil leaves
- 1 carrot, cut
- 2 cloves garlic, slice
- olive oil (optional)
- Chicken Marinade
- salt & pepper, to taste
- basil leaves
- Preheat the oven to 200'C. Prepare a baking dish with baking paper and set it aside.
- Loosen the skin for each chicken thigh, and poke a few cuts on the back of the thigh. Season with salt & pepper on both sides.
- Then, slot in the garlic slices into the poked holes of the thighs. Place a few more garlic slices under the skin followed by 2-3 basil leaves. Repeat it for the other leg.
- Heat a pan with some cooking oil over medium heat. Sear the chicken thighs skin side down for about 2-3 minutes or until the skin gets golden brown, then turn the pieces over and sear for a few more minutes.
- Then, transfer the chicken to the baking dish. Add in the carrots. You may drizzle some olive oil on the carrot or bake it without any oil too.
- Roast for 25 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through (an internal temperature of 74'C). Serve hot or warm.