Welcome to ‘Shop Kuali Recipes’! In this ‘Tamarind 3 Ways’ series, this recipe serves you a flavourful and appetizing rice vermicelli. Gets your taste buds tingling!
Save this recipe to refer to later and check out at our Trusted Partner, Tesco | Lotus’s.
Want more meal planners? Check out the full listing at Shop, Cook, Eat, Repeat.
Shop Kuali Recipes is an answer to busy professionals out there looking for convenience when shopping for quality ingredients, paired with a simple yet delicious recipe. Bundled recipes chosen are meal planners designed for two persons cooking three times a week. Cooking for more? Simply double up the recipe ingredients!
Save more by buying the meal planner series!
- 2nos garlic (blended into paste)
- 1nos onion (blended into paste)
- 30g chili paste
- 2/3nos ikan bilis stock cube
- 10nos kaffir lime leaves
- 2-3 Tbsp oil
- Other Ingredients:
- 40g tamarind paste
- 200g hot water
- 30g honey
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 pack beehoon or 175g
- Fishcake or tofu (optional)
- Soak beehoon in water till softened.
- Heat up pan with 2 Tbsp of oil. Pan fry the garlic, onion and chili paste for 5-6 minutes or till fragrant.
- Add in the kaffir lime leaves and ikan bilis cube. Continue cooking for another 2-3 minutes
- In another bowl, combine the tamarind paste and hot water. Discard the seeds and incorporate the tamarind liquid into the sambal paste.
- Season with salt and black pepper, followed by the honey to balance the tanginess.
- Add in the hydrated beehoon and let it cook till the liquid dries up.
- Transfer over to a serving dish and add your desired topping like fried tofu or egg. Enjoy!