Welcome to ‘Shop Kuali Recipes’! In this ‘Easy Sando Recipes’ series, this “Tuna” sandwich recipe is actually made out of chickpeas and they’re perfect for vegetarians or vegans!
Save this recipe to refer to later and check out at our Trusted Partner, Tesco | Lotus’s.
Want more meal planners? Check out the full listing at Shop, Cook, Eat, Repeat.
Shop Kuali Recipes is an answer to busy professionals out there looking for convenience when shopping for quality ingredients, paired with a simple yet delicious recipe. Bundled recipes chosen are meal planners designed for two persons cooking three times a week. Cooking for more? Simply double up the recipe ingredients!
Save more by buying the meal planner series!
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1/2 nos onions (chopped finely)
- 2-3 Tbsp mayo
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- handful basil (roughly chopped)
- Tomato (sliced)
- Cucumber (sliced thinly)
- 4 slices bread
- Drain the can of chickpeas and rinse with some water.
- In a bowl, add the chickpeas and mash them with a fork.
- Once done, mix in the onions, chopped basil, mayo, salt and pepper. Mix till well combined.
- Assemble the sandwich starting with bread then vegetables followed by the mashed chickpea and another slice of bread
- Wrap firmly in cling wrap or baking paper before slicing into half. Enjoy!