Welcome to ‘Shop Kuali Recipes’, proudly brought to you by Kuali and Tesco, our trusted partner.
Shop Kuali Recipes is an answer to busy professionals out there looking for convenience when shopping for quality ingredients, paired with a simple yet delicious recipe. Bundled recipes chosen are meal planners designed for two persons cooking for three times a week. Cooking for more? Simply double up the recipe ingredients!
Check out this week’s meal plan, the ‘WTF – Where’s the Fish’ series:
Salmon with Curried Bell Peppers – here is how you prepare a salmon dish that can is saliva stimulating!
Brinjal with Tomatoes and Anchovies – let’s acquaint ourselves with the omega-rich salmon fish and exotic vegetables.
Tomyum Soup with Salmon Cubes – we are adding a twist to the well-known Tomyum Soup by adding salmon to it, bringing a refreshing taste to the palate.
Save this recipe to refer later and check out at our Trusted Partner, Tesco.
Want more meal planners? Check out the full listing at Shop, Cook, Eat, Repeat.
- For Salmon with Curried Bell Peppers
- 200g salmon fillet
- 1 red capsicum, sliced
- 1/2 onion, minced
- 2 sprig curry leaves
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp ginger, chopped
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp of lemon juice
- Black Pepper
- For Brinjal with Tomatoes and Anchovies
- 2 brinjals, cut into wedges
- 1 tomato, cut into wedges
- 1/2 white onion, diced
- 100g anchovies, cleaned heads and peeled in halves
- 3 cloves garlic (sliced)
- 2 tbsp. Anchovy Sambal
- For Tomyum Soup with Salmon Cubes
- 150g salmon fillets, cubed
- 1/4 onion, cubed
- 2cm ginger, sliced
- 1 medium size eggplant, roll cut
- 100g oyster mushrooms
- 1 tomato, wedges
- 2 tbsp tomyum paste (follow the instruction on the packaging)
- 1 stalk lemongrass
- Some lemon juice
- 3 cup water/ stock
- Marinate the salmon fillet with salt & pepper on both sides. Set aside.
- Heat up a pan with sufficient oil. Pan sear the fillet skin down on medium-high heat for 4-5 minutes.
- Then flip over to another side to continue sear for another 4-5 minutes on medium heat until the meat is orange-pink opaque. Scoop up & set aside.
- With the same oil, stir fry the ginger until aromatic, then add in the onion to continue stir fry.
- Add in the garlic and give it a few stirs. Then add curry leaves in, remove the stems.
- Toss in the red capsicum and stir until softened. Add in curry powder and incorporate well.
- Serve at the side with the fish & give it a quick squeeze of lemon on the dish. Serve!
- Pan fry anchovies without oil till golden. Remove and set aside.
- Heat some oil in the pan and add in onions. Saute till fragrant and add in garlic.
- Add in anchovy sambal, followed by brinjals and tomatoes.
- Stir fry till fragrant and according to the bite that you prefer. Add in some water if the pan is getting too hot.
- Season to liking, remove, garnish and enjoy!
- Add water or chicken stock to a pot. Add lemongrass, ginger and onion and bring to a boil.
- Mix in tomyam paste and stir till well combined.
- Add tomato, eggplant and oyster mushrooms. Cook for around 5 to 10 minutes until the eggplant is soft.
- Lastly, add in salmon cubes and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Season with lemon juice. You may add salt or fish sauce as desired.