This recipe is best with
- 200g cauliflower, trimmed and cut into florets
- 250g potatoes, peeled and diced
- 25g leek, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 100g bacon rashes, finely chopped
- 750ml chicken stock
- 50ml whipping cream
- 2 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat then add bacon. Fry and cook for 2-3 minutes until crisp. Dish out and set aside.
- Add garlic and leek to the remaining oil in the saucepan. Fry for 2-3 minutes until fragrant. Add cauliflower and potato then pour in stock. Cover the saucepan partially and allow to boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, stirring occasionally for 20-25 minutes or until all vegetables are tender.
- Add half portion of prefried bacon to the soup. Stir to mix. Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Tip the contents of the soup into a food processor. Blend until smooth. Return to the saucepan and cook over low heat. Stir in cream and heat up, without boiling, until soup is hot.
- Ladle into soup bowls and garnish with some of the remaining fried bacon and a dash of freshly ground black pepper.