- 300g chicken, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 300ml water
- 15g shredded ginger
- 1 tbsp kei chi
- 500g big clams (kepah)
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 5 tbsp Shao Hsing Hua Tiau wine
- 1/4 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/2 tsp sugar or to taste
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp chicken seasoning powder or to taste
- Rinse clams thoroughly and soak in clean water for 10-15 minutes. Wash and rinse again.
- Heat sesame oil and fry ginger until fragrant. Add chicken and fry for a while. Dish out onto a heatproof dish. Steam for 20 minutes or until chicken is just tender.
- Bring water to a boil. Transfer the steamed chicken to the boiling water. Add kei chi, clams and seasoning.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes or until the clams open up. Once the soup comes to a boil add the wine.
- Dish out and serve.