- 500g lamb, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 35g ginger, shredded
- 35g dong kwai
- 1 tbsp dried kei chi
- 4 Chinese dried red dates, seeded
- 3½ cups fresh chicken stock
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp chilli bean paste
- 2-3 tbsp Chinese cooking wine
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp sugar, salt to taste
- Scald the lamb in boiling water for about 8-10 minutes. Remove and rinse in cold water.
- Heat oil in a heavy-based saucepan and fry chilli bean paste till fragrant. Add in ginger, lamb and wine; mix well.
- Pour in the chicken stock and put in the herbs. Bring to a boil and cook over a gentle heat for 2-2½ hours or until meat is tender. Add salt, sugar and pepper to taste.