This recipe is great for beginner who are starting to learn how to bake.
Since soft brown sugar is used in this recipe, the cookies are more moist and chewier, with slight crisp on the exterior.
If you like to have gooey chocolate oozing out from the cookies, I’ll suggest you can try adding chocolate chips to the mix.
- 125g Butter
- 125g Soft Brown Sugar
- 25g Caster Sugar
- 1 tsp Sea salt
- 1 Egg
- 175g Plain Flour
- 25g Cocoa Powder (Unsweetened)
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 175g Beryl's Gourmet 56% Dark Chocolate Premium Baking Chunks
- Preheat the oven to 150°C
- Finely chop the dark chocolate chunks with knife and set aside
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter (in room temperature), both sugars and salt until like and fluffy. Then add in the egg and mix well
- Sift together the flour, cocoa powder and baking soda and fold it into a soft dough, and mix in the chopped chocolate.
- Lastly, use your hand to roll the cookie dough into balls and bake them for 10 minutes or until spread and slightly puffed