- 300g pau flour
- 25-30g shortening
- 250ml water
- 30g sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried yeast
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- Mix all the ingredients well and leave the dough aside for an hour, covered with cling wrap.
- Knead the dough until it is smooth, then leave it for 10 minutes.
- Shape it into a long roll.
- Divide it into balls of about 40g each.
- Flatten each dough ball into an oval shape.
- Brush half of the oval surface with oil and fold the other half over it.
- Let the dough rest for 40 minutes before steaming the buns.