Stop chasing after the best street food; make it at home. This recipe was first published in Amy Beh’s column, Cook’s Nook.
- 200g savoury radish cake (lobak koe) cut into small cubes (store-bought)
- 1 tsp garlic (chopped)
- 1 tbsp preserved radish (choy poh) (finely chopped)
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 - 1 1/2 tbsp chilli paste
- 1 handful beansprouts (tailed)
- 5 stalks Chinese chives (cut into sections)
- 4 - 5 prawns (shelled but keep the tails)
- 2 eggs
- [Seasoning] :
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1/2 tsp dark soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- [Garnishing] :
- Some sliced red chilli and chopped spring onion
- Heat oil and sesame oil in a nonstick wok or saucepan. Fry garlic, chilli paste and dried radish until fragrant.
- Add radish cake pieces and seasoning. Stir-fry briskly.
- Break in eggs followed by prawns. Toss and fry to combine. In between, sprinkle in a little water.
- Add chives, beansprouts and stir fry briefly. Dish out to serve with garnishing.