- 500g chicken breast fillets, thinly sliced
- 500g young chinese broccoli (kai lan), peel and discard outer leaves and split thicker stem
- 3-4 green onions, double-quartered of sliced thinly
- 1 small capsicum, sliced thinly (optional)
- 4-6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 cup of plain flour
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- vegetable oil for frying
- light soy sauce for taste.
- Coat chicken fillet slices in flour
- Heat up oil and stir-fry chicken fillet slices until golden brown; lift onto a plate
- Lift oil out of wok into a bowl ; wash wok and re-heat with oil used earlier
- Add garlic, onion, capsicum and ' kai lan ' stem to wok ; stir fry for 1-2 minutes
- Return chicken to wok ; add chicken stock and soy sauce and a little water.
- Add thickener and lift dish onto ceramic bowl
- Serve with Asian fragrant rice while still hot.