Prepare this stock in advance to be used in any dishes. May be used to flavour braised dishes or as added taste when stir frying. It’s also a fast way to whip up soup to pair with lunch or dinner without boiling for too long. Just add vegetables and meats wanted and boil for 30 mins in this instance.
- 2 chicken carcasses
- 1kg pork bones (store-bought from the butcher)
- 250g anchovies
- 1 tbsp white peppercorns
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 5 litres water
- salt to taste
- Bring water to a boil.
- Add in all the ingredients and simmer over medium low heat.
- Once the soup starts to boil, remove any scum around making the soup clean and clear.
- Simmer for 2-2 1/2 hours. Adjust with salt to taste.
- Strain the stock before use.