- Stir tapioca flour and tang meen fun in a mixing bowl. Add salt and mix well.
- Stir in boiling water and fat. Knead into a smooth dough. Roll dough into a long roll of 20 to 21cm in length.
- Cut the roll into 3cm lengths. Cover with clean tea towel.
- Take a piece and lightly roll out flat to 8 x 10cm rectangle and 1/2cm thickness. Dust lightly with tapioca flour.
- Adjust knob of noodle machine to make noodle strands. Churn out strands of dough. Repeat the procedure for the rest of the dough.
- If you do not have a noodle machine, you can use a knife to cut the dough into 1/2cm strips.
- Bring a large saucepan of water to a rapid boil. Add 2 tbsp cooking oil. Cook tapioca noodles for 1 minute until they float to the surface.
- Drain well in a colander then plunge in a basin of cold water for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Remove and cook immediately.
You may also like