This Broccoli Platter might look complicated in the “Cooking with Noob” series but don’t be fooled by how it looks, it is quite simple.
The recipe uses 3 different main ingredients with 3 different cooking methods; crispy tofu by pan-frying, crunchy broccoli by blanching, soft mushroom by braising with abalone sauce.
The outcome is definitely something you will be proud to serve on the table!
- Crispy Tofu
- 2 tubes Japanese Tofu
- Corn flour for dusting
- Enough oil for pan frying
- Crunchy Broccoli
- 2 heads broccoli, cut into florets
- Enough water for blanching
- Soft Mushroom
- 1 box shimeji mushrooms
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp Woh Hup Abalone Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Angel Brand Light Soy Sauce
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- 75ml water
- Dust the egg tofu with cornflour and pan fry till golden brown. Set aside
- Blanch the broccoli florets in hot water with a pinch of salt. Remove broccoli after cooking for 2 minutes.
- Heat some cooking oil in the pan, and saute the garlic until aromatic. Then add in the abalone sauce, soy sauce, water, pepper, and sugar and mix well.
- Add shimeji mushroom, close the lid and cook until mushrooms are soft.
- Place tofu slices at the bottom, broccoli surrounding the dish, and mushroom on top. Pour the remaining sauce on top of the dish.