This coconut pancake recipe was first published in Flavours magazine.
- 250g white coconut flesh, grated
- 200g all purpose flour
- 1/2tsp salt
- 1tbsp sugar
- 1 egg
- 100ml santan sawit
- 150ml water
- margarine and palm oil for frying
- Combine the coconut, flour, salt and sugar in a bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk the egg, santan sawit and water, then add to dry ingredients, stirring well. If the batter is too thick, add a bit of water. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- In a frying pan, heat 1 tablespoon margarine and 1/2 tablespoon oil till sizzling. Pour a ladleful of batter in the middle of pan then smooth out the batter to make a flat circle. After 2 minutes, once bottom side browns, flip over and cook till crisp and golden. Remove from heat and keep warm.
- Continue frying the remaining batter, adding margarine and oil when needed. Once pancakes are cooked, serve with curry, sambal or even sugar.