The words to describe this delightful watermelon curry would be: light, luscious, and no less an authentic Indian curry. Check out the recipe below.
This recipe was first published in Flavours magazine.
- 1/2 watermelon, seedless
- 1tsp coriander seeds, lightly toasted
- 4cloves garlic
- 1pinch turmeric powder
- 1tsp chilli powder
- 1tsp cumin seeds
- salt and sugar, to taste
- lemon juice, to taste
- coriander leaves, chopped
- Using a melon ball scoop, scoop out as many melon balls as you can. Set aside.
- Remove the watermelon skin and place the remaining watermelon flesh in a blender.
- Grind the coriander seeds and add to the blender along with the garlic, turmeric and chilli. Blend until smooth.
- Fry the cumin seeds in a little oil until they splutter, then add in the blended watermelon mixture. Reduce heat and cook until it thickens. Season to taste with salt and sugar.
- Add the watermelon balls and cook for 1 minute. Turn off heat and season to taste with lemon juice.
- Serve garnished with coriander.