People tend to think that vegetarian food is bland, but wait, here are some recipes that will prove them otherwise. This recipe was first published in Amy Beh’s column, Cook’s Nook.
- 1/2tsp white peppercorns
- 1/2tsp black peppercorns
- 4 red dates (seeded)
- 200g vegetarian pig’s tripe / stomach
- 6 vegetarian meat balls
- 60g carrot,cut into wedges
- 1.2litres water
- 1/8tsp sugar
- 1tsp mushroom seasoning
- 1/2tsp sesame oil
- Boil water with both types of both peppercorns, red dates and carrot for 15 minutes.
- Add seasoning and vegetarian pig’s tripe and vegetarian meat balls. Cook to a simmering boil for 10 – 12 minutes.
- Once the flavour of the soup is enhanced, dish out and serve.