• Views50 Views
  • Comments no responses

[mappress mapid=”435″]

SEASONS CAFE,
Grand Seasons Hotel,
72, Jalan Pahang,
Kuala Lumpur.
Tel: 03-2697 8888
Business hours: 6.30am-10.30am (breakfast),
noon-2.30pm (lunch), 7pm-10.30pm (dinner)
and 7pm-10pm (Ramadan dinner), daily.

Buka puasa menu aims to unite Malaysians through a good mix of local delights.

You’ll be spoilt for choice this Ramadan at Seasons Cafe, Grand Seasons Hotel, as the chefs whip up more than 130 delectable dishes every day until July 27.

With seven different menus comprising more than 300 dishes, patrons will get a chance to sample something different every day of the week.

This year, the theme is “Muhibah”, aimed at bringing everyone together to sample their dishes comprising Malay, Chinese and Indian cuisine.

Sweet treats at the Ramadan buffet in Seasons Cafe.

Sweet treats at the Ramadan buffet in Seasons Cafe.

“We also have another special addition — Japanese cuisine — as we realised many people are getting more and more fond of Japanese food,” said Grand Seasons Malay chef Mohd Fauzi Mokhtar.

He explained that food trends changed with time and it was about time Seasons Cafe followed the current trends.

To make it more special, Mohd Fauzi has introduced a fusion of Japanese and Malay sushi rolls.

For example, Japanese rice rolls filled with chicken rendangsatay pieces or serunding.

“We want to make our dish special by infusing traditionally loved Malay dishes into our sushi,” he said.

Apart from this, Seasons Cafe will be whipping up the roti rumali, which is not often found in other restaurants in town.

This thin flat bread that is popular in Indian cuisine, is cooked on the back of a rounded wok.

“It is rarely seen outside as the bread is a hassle to make but we will be serving it this Ramadan,” Mohd Fauzi said.

Roti Rumali, which looks a little like chapati, is usually eaten with dhal, chicken masala or even chicken tandoori.

Also spread throughout the restaurant will live cooking sections, including the carving (top pic) and fritters stations.

The carving station will have a whole lamb every night, while the fritters station will see their special cheese banana fritters.

Venison rendang is one of the main course highlights in the Ramadan buffet.

Venison rendang is one of the main course highlights in the Ramadan buffet.

To guarantee the freshness of the food, there will also be a live steamboat stall, along with a sugarcane machine to squeeze fresh juice for patrons.

Mohd Fauzi will also be bringing out a rotisserie to roast the chicken (ayam golek), a new addition to this year’s Ramadan spread.

He said this year’s spread comprised 40% Malay dishes while the other 60% was a mix of all other cuisines.

“We have categorised the different dishes according to their state of origin for authenticity,” he said.

For example, Kerabu from the northern region does not contain coconut milk like the ones from the south.

Also, there will be a variety of curry noodles from different states.

“The food here is guaranteed value for money, and I bet customers will go home satisfied,” he said.

The Ramadan Buffet dinner is priced at RM85++ per person.

This is the writer’s personal observation and is not an endorsement by StarMetro.

You may also like

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *